Saturday, February 14, 2009

February 2009


And just like that half a year has gone by since I last posted. Oh well, good intentions . . .

This month classes resume at Otago Polytechnic. After a year 'away' I have my own ESOL class once again. I look forward this year to resuming my student-centred, student self-directed focus. I've been struggling against the mainstreamflow to implement this approach for the last ten years. But now this paradigm is being pressed from on high (by the CEO no less) and so I dare to hope for a new dawn.

Is this the age of Aquarius?

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I just have to say that is an amazing photo. Is it real?
On the theme of this post. I really enjoyed meeting you at the presentation recently and hearing about your use of blogs as class resources. There is so much we could do with existing online tools however the phobia of using these is still very strong for many people, both students and staff. Still the more we talk about it and the more we try to use them the more acceptable it will become. You are doing a tremendous job in that regard.